New Years is the “tbh” (to be honest) season of the year… tons of people on fb are posting “Like for a TBH”. Of course I usually ‘like’ them because, who wouldn’t want to know what people think of you? 😉 I decided that since there was nottthing to do on New Years, I would try a tbh of my own. Big mistake… 110 people liked my status! lol Well, so far I’ve done about 40. 😛 Those things are way harder to write than NMMs! I mean, there are my regular friends, but what am I supposed to write for someone who’s either creeped me out or was talking bad about me? How about the girl in 5th hour that whines all the time or the person that sits next to me with B.O.? lol So we just end up saying general things like “You’re pretty and tall and good at bball, we used to talk but don’t anymore, that should change!”
To be honest, the popularity of tbh’s is really just proof that, whether we admit it or not, wewant to be wanted (or even just liked! haha). It shows in how we act, dress, who we hang with, and even our personalities. I think one of the biggest problems we face as teens is that we care more about what people think of how we look rather than who we really are! It can really mess ya up! Imagine how different we’d be if we never even thought about it (I’d probably be a big dork haha)? In fact, that’s why I started No Makeup Mondays, I was feeling insecure about what I looked like and how I acted and God showed me that if I do things that are considered good to Him, I can’t go wrong! 🙂 I don’t have to hide behind ‘a girl’ who I think everyone will like!
TBH – random facts about me, just because.. 😉
- I LOVE wearing makeup, it’s just fun! I’d honestly prefer to do “Dress-like-a-scrub-day.” haha
- Black muktuk (whale blubber) isn’t my favorite eskimo food, but I love seal intestines! 🙂
- Out of all the sports I’ve done, cheerleading is DEFINITELY the hardest out of all of them!!
- I have no artistic side to me no matter how hard i try…i cant’t even draw stick people!
- I’m suuper shy. It literally takes an act of God for me to start a conversation. lol
What are 5 honest things about you?
VERSE: “This is what the LORD says: ‘Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD.’” Jeremiah 17:5
RULES FOR NO MAKEUP MONDAYS:
1) Take the day off from makeup
2) Dress up, do your hair, so your beauty isn’t hidden behind a scrubby look
3) Be proud of the natural beauty that you are
4) Give God glory today!
5) GUYS – Appreciate! 🙂
Let me know if you want to be tagged. You can check out my other devotions posted in my blog @ nomakeupmondays.wordpress.com. Don’t forget to ‘Like’ the NO MAKEUP MONDAYS Page on facebook! NMM’s are written weekly by myself Savannah, and my mom, Corina.